Saturday, July 18, 2020
Great Summer Reads 2020
What better way to enjoy a summer under Covid-19 lockdown than a collection of books that I call ‘Mind Candy’! Mind Candy doesn’t focus on current events, social ills, serious literature, scholarly works, or anything heavy. Mind Candy does not include books that academics or snooty editors label as a must read. And if the Washington Post Book World suggests I read it, the book is unlikely to be on my list.
So, I am sharing my list of Mind Candy that I’ve recently read plus a few that are stacked on the table next to my favorite reading chair. Enjoy with a bite of Theo’s 70% Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt & herbal tea.
* The Shadows by Alex North
* The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
* No Exit by Taylor Adams
* A Nearly or all Family by MT Edvardson
* The Reckless Oath We Made y Bryan Greenwood
* The Chestnut Man. Y Siren Sveistrup
* Dear Edward By Ann Napolitano
* The Sundown Motel by Simone St. James
* Hour of the Assassin by Matthew Quirk
* The Guest List by Lucy Foley
* The Last Flight by Julie ClarK
* The Dark Lake by Sarah Bailey
* Final Girls by Riley Sager
* The Holdout. Y Graham Moore
* A Good Marriage by Kimberly McCreight
I find most of my new authors through Bookbrowse.com, Goodreads, or the NEW Book of the Month Club. Next up for me is The Knockout Queen by Rufus Thorpe and Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough.
I am also slowly savoring each chapter in The Brothers York, A Royal Tragedy By Thomas Penn because for me anything Involving the Plantagenets is Mind Candy....a family that made Game of Thrones seem almost tame and peaceful.
Please share any Mind Candy you can recommend. I’m always searching for something fun to read.